Victoria Lodge No. 26 - Installation
17 Oct 2017 - 9:46am
On the 3rd August 2017, Victoria Lodge No.26 held its yearly Installation.
WBro. Trevor Simpson was Installed in the Chair of King Solomon - a First time Master!
WBro. Simpson was initiated at Kooringa Lodge No. 6 in 1967 and became a member of Victoria Lodge No. 26 in 2011.
(Pictured Here L-R - WBro. Ray Mack AGDC, VWBro. Terry Halford, RWBro. Andrew Charlton AGM, WBro. Trevor Simpson, VWBro. Kevin Paynter DGS)
Among those who were present for the Installation were the following Worshipful Masters:
- WBro. Trenery Vine WM - Mid North Lodge No. 12 and three of his Brethren
- WBro. Graham Gill WM - Port Pirie United Lodge No. 24 and two of his Brethren
- VWBro. Robin Routley WM - Port Broughton Lodge No. 82 and his IPM WBro. Neryn Tancock
- WBro. Robert Hart – WM Ardrossan Lodge No.150
- RWBro. Ian Shields – WM (Acting) Aurora Australis Lodge No. 245 and WBro. Robert Heath DC
Also in attendance were VWBro. Kevin Paynter DGS, Western District, and VWBro. David Berrett DGS, Midnorth/Riverlands.
A number of unaccompanied Brethren also attended including WBro Ray Walker, a Past Master of Victoria Lodge No. 26, now of Duke of Edinburough Lodge No. 16, and WBro. Peter Lutz of Lake Bonney Lodge No. 106. There was a big presence from Quorn Lodge No. 59, including their Master-Elect (at the time) Bro. Peter Petrie who was installed at their Installation on 8th September 2017.
VWBro.Terry Halford, Chairman of Care sang a beautiful rendition of “The Lord is My Shepherd" during the Installation and later in the evening also sang “ The Master’s Song”. Brethren who had not experienced his musical talents previously were imnpressed indeed with this hidden talent on display this evening.
Sixty guests attended the Dinner, which was held at the Jamestown Bowling Club and included Brethren, Wives and Partners.