Lodge of Remembrance at Lodge Seacliff
12 Jan 2018 - 11:25am
On 7th November 2017 Lodge Seacliff conducted a Lodge of Remembrance for three of its deceased brethren.
Eulogy for VWBro. James Henry Alsford
- Born - 22nd December 1931. Died - 29th June 2017
- Initiated 18th September 1987 in the Earl of Chester Lodge No. 98
- He was installed as the Worshipful Master of the Earl of Chester Lodge No. 98 in 1994
- As the Master, he ensured that Festive Boards were exactly that - festive
- He was a prolific visitor to other Lodges not only as a Master but in general
- His time as Master was an enjoyable time and that is what he intended it to be for everyone. He introduced changes not through committees, regulations and so on, but through showing how successful things could be by leading by example.
- Jim joined Edwardstown Lodge No. 168 serving as WM in 1998, Producers Fellowship Lodge No. 138 serving as WM in 2004, Leonardo da Vinci Lodge No. 238 serving in various offices, Earl of Zetland No. 231 as Tyler and finally Lodge Seacliff No. 202 - enjoying a quieter time until his passing.
No matter what Jim put his mind to, he did it to the best of his ability and was always concerned about those in need.
Eulogy for WBro. Ken Maxwell Jackson
- Born 30th April 1922. Died 5th September 2016
- Initiated 29th April 1047 in Brighton Lodge
- Was a foundation member of Lodge Seacliff when it was consecrated on 4th September 1958
- Was Worshipful Master in 1961
- Became Acting Secretary in 2010 and held that position at the time of his death
- Received the third bar to his Fifty Year Jewel in April 2012
He was a wonderful person; qualified Accountant, and a great Freemason who had lived in the Seacliff area for most of his life.
Eulogy for Bro. Lindsay Vivian Hacket
- Born 13th March 1932. Died 2nd November 2016
- Initiated in Lodge Seacliff on the 5th May 1959 (he was the seventh candidate)
- Raised 5th April 1960
- He resigned in 1973 but rejoined in 2013 and became a regular attendee until his death
- By coincidence, his Proposer for rejoining was WBro. Ken Jackson (see above)
He became a Police Officer in SAPOL and served in various sections throughout South Australia but later
retired from the Police Force.
He was always jovial, had a great sense of humour and willing to help anyone in need.
Read more news from the Freemasons SA and NT
Craft - Installations - August to December 2018
See the list of Craft Installations from August to December 2018.
Edwardstown Lodge No. 168 - Initiate from a Long Lineage in Freemasonry
Timothy Jones, a Lewis, was initiated at the 23rd Fewbruary 2018 meeting of Edwardstown Lodge No. 168. Timothy comes from a family with a long lineage in Freemasonry.
Special Meeting for Thorngate Lodge No. 118
The meeting on Monday 4th June 2018 was a very special one for Thorngate Lodge No. 118! Bro. John Alexander (Jock) Fraser reached a major milestone in Freemasonry. He was presented with a fifth bar to his 50 year service jewel by VWBro. Robert Hughes, P. Chairman of Membership.